Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trepidation

Today's Word I Hate To Say is Trepidation!

Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Trepidation
trep·i·da·tion noun \ˌtre-pə-ˈdā-shən\
: a feeling of fear that causes you to hesitate because you think something bad or unpleasant is going to happen

1 archaic :  a tremulous motion :  tremor
2 :  a nervous or fearful feeling of uncertain agitation :  apprehension <trepidation about starting a new job>

The word trepidation is a word that brings agitation to me. I really cannot give any good reason for the agitation; however, the frustration remains.  Maybe it is how others use the word, maybe it is has to do with the way it is spelled, but it is like I should Trep-toe through the daisies - it is just unpleasant. LOL

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and learned something about today's Word I Hate To Say!

Reference
Trepidation. (n.d.). Merriam-Webster.com. Retrieved January 2, 2014, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trepidation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for adding to Words I Hate To Say. I appreciate your comments and for visiting!